The top of Mount Utsayantha is owned by the village of Stamford.
Stamford, New York is located along the eastern edge of Delaware County at the intersection of Routes 10 and 23. The 20-acre parcel of land at the top of Mt. Utsayantha was donated to the village of Stamford by the estate of Dr. Stephen E. Churchill in 1917 for use as a park. Dr. Stephen E. Churchill is a descendant of one of Stamford’s founding families.